It is paramount to understand your specific niche and area of expertise extremely well from an external standpoint. Our experience shows that most business owners have a strong desire to market their product or service but often have a difficult time converting their expertise into stories, essays and messages. Developing content that their audience understands and can relate to without going overboard with the ubiquitous sales pitch often found in most writing. It is also important to note that the closer you are to your product, the more difficult it can be to identify the clear and concise messaging that you need. This is why a bit of market research can go a long way to optimizing your message in a way that creates the highest return on investment. It also set’s the stage for all other marketing efforts in a way that creates a strong and accurate foundation moving forward.
Customers desire solutions to their challenges and problems. They are looking for innovative solutions to their needs, plain and simple. Perhaps solutions that save them time, money and/or improve their exposure to their own customer base or prospective customer. Content and inbound marketing is building connections, providing solutions and clearly communicating the value that your product has in overcoming your customer’s challenge.
Once the target market has been identified, the needs or challenges clearly stated and the distribution channels created then the marketing and relationships can begin to be established. A marketing calendar will need to be formulated to ensure a consistent message without negative saturation.
What is Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising and Internet Advertising?
Businesses around the world can benefit from the immediate advantages paid search, or pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, provides. PPC advertising offers you immediate search engine visibility which is an enormous advantage especially when you really want to amp up your targeted traffic.
PPC advertising is highly targeted advertising, the likes of which have never been experienced in the marketing or advertising world. When someone arrives on your site after clicking your ad, you can be reasonably certain that they are there because your product or service is exactly what they searched for. If your website has all the necessary marketing and conversion functions built in, you WILL see an increase in business.
There are also many follow up options that can be integrated that will keep your ad right in front of your prospective customer as they continue to surf the web.
It is important to understand that an effective PPC campaign is only as good as the associated website will allow for conversions. If your website is outdated and lacks strong call outs and calls to action, we would HIGHLY recommend that you do not initiate a PPC campaign until your website is up to par. Don’t waste your money driving traffic to a website that will repel a prospect rather than convert them. Our sister company can help you will all design aspects and marketing functions. Click here to visit their website.
What can you expect from The Chalifour Design Group, LLC
Below is a breakdown of what you can expect from us broken down into several segments
Segment 1 – Account setup and discovery: In this phase we take some time to get to know you. We take some time to learn about you, your company, your goals, your budget and your competition. This phase helps us determine the best strategy going forward.
- We collaborate with you to create a list of keywords relevant to your business and your competitors. We also compile a list of negative keywords and overlay the list over the positive keywords. This prevents words with different meanings (homonyms) from coming up in your search results (Reading, MA versus Reading in MA)
- We take the list of keywords and create categories and assign keywords to those categories called ad groups. We then write relevant ads that will be shown when your keywords are triggered in a search.
- We work with you to determine the appropriate bid amounts based on your overall budget, our recommendations will be based on maximizing relevant traffic and conversions.
Segment 2 – Account management and evaluation: This is the time period where we evaluate your best and least performing ads/groups/campaigns. We re-allocate funds to the highest performance and create new ads/groups/campaigns and test them against your best performing ads until we achieve the best performance possible (BPF). This time period usually lasts 1-3 months depending on the industry you are in and targeting. It is in the segment that we establish a very sound and effective campaign that maximizes your budget and creates the most traffic.
- Adding and removing keywords and re-evaluating negative keywords in a way that optimizes the performance of the campaign and offers the best return on investment
- reorganizing keywords and ad groups into different business or market segments that allows for better tracking of keyword performance
Segment 3 Conversion tracking and campaign management: The success of a marketing campaig like PPC is the tracking of conversions and website visitors/traffic. The ongoing management creates a system that will assist you in tracking traffic. We will utilize an in house software that you are currently using ranging from a simple spreadsheet to a Goldmine or Salesforce CRM. We will also work to increase the conversion using landing pages and ad connections when necessary. This segment is important as there are many cyclic variables where traffic or searches are affected by weather, holidays, search algorithm changes and current events. These need to be tracked in order to create a baseline.
- Tracking effective conversion versus non-effective based on clicks and ads.
- tracking conversions tenure in the sales pipeline based on what ads were clicked and connecting the tenure to ads creating an effective long term customer